New year, new quality recognitions
In January 2018, two programs in the CharterCARE Health Partners’ system – Southern New England Rehabilitation Center at Fatima Hospital and the Weight Loss Surgery program at Roger Williams Medical Center – received notice of three years of continued accreditation. The Weight Loss Surgery program was reaccredited as a Comprehensive Center by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. Southern New England Rehabilitation Center received accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities for Stroke Specialty Rehabilitation, as well as Inpatient Rehabilitation for adults, children and adolescents.
These two programs join with dozens of others in our system that have received accreditations, certifications, and awards from the country’s leading quality organizations over the past two years. Among those recognitions:
CharterCARE Health Partners
- Roger Williams Medical Center, Fatima Hospital, and CharterCARE Provider Group were the first institutions in Rhode Island to be certified as Level of Care 1 Facilities for treating overdose and opioid use disorders. The designation was granted by the Department of Health, along with the Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities, and Hospitals.
- CharterCARE Home Health Services was re-accredited by The Joint Commission.
- CharterCARE Provider Group RI, the independent practice association affiliated with CharterCARE, was awarded Elite Status on the CAPG Standards of Excellence Survey of 2016.
- CharterCARE’s two hospitals were ranked among the top three in ranking of shortest ED waiting times in Rhode Island, per GoLocalProv.
- In the May 2017 issue of Rhode Island Monthly, a total of 26 physicians from CharterCARE were recognized as “Top Docs”.
Roger Williams Medical Center
- The Weight Loss Surgery program at Roger Williams was reaccredited for three years as a Comprehensive Center by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
- Joint Commission re-accreditation for Roger Williams Medical Center
- Hematology/Oncology Division recertification from the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative
- Joint Commission re-certification as a Primary Stroke Center program
- Blood Bank reaccreditation from the American Association of Blood Banks and the College of American Pathologists
- Full accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers for the Roger Williams’ Breast Health Program
- Recertification from The Joint Commission for Advanced Palliative Care
- A successful MRI and CT scan site validation survey from the American College of Radiology
- Roger Williams was one of the only three hospitals in Rhode Island to receive an “A” ranking in patient safety from The Leapfrog Group, a national non-profit organization that evaluates the safety and quality performance of U.S. hospitals.
- The Cancer Center was recognized at the American Cancer Society’s 3rd Annual Rhode Island Research Breakfast for receiving the Commission on Cancer’s “Outstanding Achievement Award”.
- Roger Williams was named a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Rhode Island for hip, knee, and spine surgery for demonstrating better overall quality of care and patients results in these specialties.
- The Blood and Marrow Transplant program was awarded renewed accreditation from the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) for demonstrating compliance with the FACT-JACIE International Standards for the full scope of bone marrow transplant programming.
- The Orthopaedics Program was designated by the American Orthopaedic Association as a Star Performer in its National Own the Bone quality campaign.
- Roger Williams’ Bariatric Surgery Center received re-certification from Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Rhode Island as a Center of Excellence.
- Roger Williams’ Behavioral Health program underwent a successful state recertification survey.
Our Lady of Fatima Hospital
- Southern New England Rehabilitation Center received accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for three years for Stroke Specialty Rehabilitation, as well as Inpatient Rehabilitation for adults, children and adolescents.
- Two year re-certification from The Joint Commission for Total Hip and Total Knee Disease Specific Programs
- A successful Joint Commission survey and re-accreditation for spine surgery programs
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission
- Successful accreditation survey from the College of American Pathologists for the Fatima laboratory
- Accreditation from the American College of Radiology for the main ultrasound and vascular laboratory for the following services: Obstetrical (first trimester only), Gynecological, (General) and Vascular.
- A successful Mammography Quality Standards Act visit from the Rhode Island Department of Health for the Department of Radiology
- Fatima Hospital was the recipient of the 2017 Edward J. Quinlan Award for Patient Safety Excellence at the Hospital Association of Rhode Island’s “Celebration of Excellence”
- Fatima Hospital’s Behavioral Health program underwent a successful state recertification survey.
- Fatima was named a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Rhode Island for hip, knee, and spine surgery for demonstrating better overall quality of care and patient results in these specialties.
St. Joseph Health Center
- NYU Lutheran program in pediatric dentistry at St. Joseph Health Center re-accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.